Saturday, October 23, 2010

Our last day in Paris

Today was our last day in Paris... we're going home tomorrow.  Jim and I have had such a wonderful time both in London and Paris, there is no way to describe our time here.  I am so blessed to have the husband I have and we are thankful for the wonderful relationship we have. 

Today we started off with our usual breakfast.  Fabulous as always... we went back the the other place. 

We wanted to go back to the Louvre and see some of the parts we missed.  We went to the Richelieu Wing and toured the French sculptures, decorative arts and Nepoleon III apartments.

A view out the window of the Denon wing.


Another view out of the window in the Richelieu wing.



Napoleon III Dining Room. 

After leaving there we wanted to see the Statue of Liberty which was given to the city in 1885 and faces west, toward New York.

  
Then we headed back to the apartment for some rest and to get ready for the trip home tomorrow.  On the way to the Metro we came across this couple. 


It was cute.... getting wedding pictures in front of the Eiffel Tower.



Then there is this cute couple.... married 32 years.  We've had a wonderful trip, the trip of a lifetime and to places I've always wanted to go and never thought I would.  There's a big beautiful world out there to see and we've just seen a piece.  I'm tired and ready to go home though.  There's no place like home!

Thank you Jim for a wonderful trip.  I love you more and more each day!


No comments:

Post a Comment