Tuesday, October 19, 2010

We arrived in Paris....

Even with the strikes and gas shortage and terrorist threats.  There is nothing going on where we are and other than many military men with big guns at the Eiffel Tower, there's not much going on.

We took the Eurostar train from London to Paris.  Nice way to go.  Here is the station in London.



When we arrived in Paris we found a driver to take us to our apartment, with a broken handle on our suitcase and the fact that I'm not feeling the greatest, I have a bit of a cold, we decided it was worth the fare.  Upon our arrival we discovered that the code to the apartment building wasn't correct and had to call back to the States to Colorado to get the correct code.  Thankfully, we were able to reach  Antoine and got into the apartment.  And as I mentioned before, a lovely apartment it is.

We decided to take off walking, but I was hungry (and not feeling the greatest) and guess where we went...


Yes we did!!  I was hungry and not quite up to figuring out where or what to eat to Mickey D's it was.  Oh well tomorrow is another day.

Off to the Arc de Triomphe.  Wow.... is all I can say.


Then on to the Eiffel Tower.  Now mind you I don't feel the greatest and we're walking like miles.... it was worth it!


I've always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower, and now I have.  It was cold and windy but beautiful!




We waited until the lights came on and then left.  Stopped by a pharmacy and got some medicine, went to the grocery store and picked up a few things and now we're home. 

More tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment