Thursday, October 7, 2010

Six days to go...

Well we've waited about 8 months and now we're down to just 6 days.  We're excited to go and have a million things to do before we leave.  This weekend will be packing and organizing... what to take, what to take it all in, take this, leave that.... blah???  Then there are the travel alerts.  Am I worried?  No!  Did we register with the State Department as to where we'll be?  Yes!  I'm not sure what that does for us though.  Maybe just tells them where to pick up our bodies... lol.  We just remind ourselves that we work a block from the Capitol and that's always a huge target, and I do have to do escape hood training every year. 

So six days to go... I'm really excited.  I've never been on an airplane for so long... do you get bored?  I'm hoping to just sleep.  We'll see!

What about the food?  I think I eat a variety of food, but some of the items I've read about don't sound too appealing.  Should I try it?  Should I stay with things I recognize?  Again, we'll see. 

And people, what will they be like?  There again... we'll see.

I just know that I've always wanted to go to London and I have really always wanted to see the Eiffel Tower.  Wow.... I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment